The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 was launched in the year 2018 in May is one of the latest and best Smartphones from the top brand Asus. This brand has been marketing Smartphones at a reasonable price for quite some time. The device comes in two variants a 6 GB RAM, 64GB ROM model and a 3 GB RAM, 32GB ROM model.
This model Smartphone from the day of launching has gained a reputation for its performance and quality. However, since the past few days, few customers have reported that their devices to develop a not charging issue. In this article, I will provide you with the details to troubleshoot the issue.
Troubleshooting Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 not charging issue
There are several reasons that could be a reason for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 not charging issue.
- Charging cable issue
- Charger adapter issue
- hardware issue – Inefficient charging port on the device
- Software issues
Inefficient charging cable or inefficient charger
To find out if your charging cable inefficient
- Step 1: Pick up your Smartphone and plug it into a personal computer or laptop through a USB/charging cable
- Step 2: Now, check if the personal computer detects your Smartphone and if the device is charging.
If the PC does not detect the Smartphone, then you could simply conclude that your charging cable is not good to be used anymore, you could get yourselves a new charging cable and solve the issue.
Charger adapter issue
If you find the USB cable or charging cable working perfectly through the above-mentioned method, then, the issue could be with the charger adapter. The charger adapter could malfunction because of several issues. A charger adapter cannot be repaired, so, you will have to get a brand new mobile charger adapter.
Hardware issue – inefficient charging port on the device
If you find the charging cable/USB cable working perfectly, then the issue could be with the charging port on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. To check if the charging port has an issue, here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: Pick up your device and connect the device to a personal computer or to a power socket. We recommend plugging into the power supply.
- Step 2: Now, with the Smartphone plugged into the power supply socket, try holding the device at different angles. PS: be careful enough to notice if the phone detects the charger. Suppose if the device detects the charger at any angle, then you could conclude that the issue is with the charging port.
To solve this issue, you will have to visit the nearest authorized Asus service center and ask them to replace the charging port on your device.
If you could not find a solution for your device not charging issue through any of the above-mentioned methods, then, the issue could be with the internal software. To troubleshoot such software issues. here are some common solutions.
- Reset your device –Most of the software issues could be solved easily by resetting the Smartphone to factory settings. To factory reset your Smartphone, you would have to switch off the device, and then, press and hold the power button+ volume up button, now, the device would request you to select the type of function to perform, select the option “Wipe & Reset” and then the option “Wipe all data”. Now, the device will start resetting the OS.
- Some devices after frequent use, the battery could become inefficient for fast charging and this could be solved by installing battery saver apps from the Google Play Store or Mi app store.
- At times, if the system OS is out-of-date, the device could start malfunctioning, to solve this issue, you could simply update the system OS. To update the system OS, you should navigate to the device “setting” option and then click the “About” option and then click the “System update” option.
- Majority of the system software issues could be solved through the above-mentioned methods. However, if you cannot solve it through those methods, you could simply perform a flash international ROM method or flash custom ROM method.
If, none of the methods mentioned above could solve your issue, then, you should visit the nearest Asus service center and report the issue to the staff. Within hours or days, the issue would be solved and you could continue using the device.