I can’t help but think about the days when people didn’t have irons or ironing boards for that matter and had absolutely no way to iron out their clothes. Have you ever wondered what people in the bygone era used in order to iron out their clothes? Keeping in in mind the silhouettes back then used to be huge and very fluid. Well, it is only better if we do not think of the days back then and be grateful for the technology we possess right now. If it weren’t for the steam irons I am sure we wouldn’t be much better than the early humans roaming around in shabby and wrinkled clothes, right? Among all the other necessities in our life, steam iron has a special place given the fact that presentation is the key to a promising career and a good first impression. Which might not have been possible without ironed clothes that are a symbol of sophistication?
Through the decades, irons have revolutionized our way of living and everything that came with it. The present day steam irons have made it even easier, faster and convenient. But again, there are one too many options available in the market which has toughened the procedure of us to choose the best steam iron available out there. Due to this, here is a buying guide which is created especially for you to be able to make a purchase that you will cherish forever. It is because buying a steam iron could be very tricky due to all the tiny details and other specifications.
If you are amongst those who find it difficult and get lost while choosing a perfect steam iron in India it is recommended that you read the buying guide given below.
Look for these features in your steam iron
1. Variable heat settings
Any average iron will only have two to three heat settings, however, if you are looking for a top-notch iron look for the one which offers a wide spectrum of heat settings. It is important because different fabrics require different heat settings and if you do not want to damage your clothes, it is a must.
2. Varied steam gauge
A gauge is something which is used to control the steam release. This is an important setting because each and every fabric has a different steam tolerance structure. Hence it is important for a perfect steamer to have varied settings and an off button in case you do not require steam for a particular clothing item.
3. A Spray
In order to iron your clothes and to make them look new, a water spray is a must. This is because moist clothing surface makes the steaming even more flawless.
4. Steam burst
Ironing natural fabrics such as linen and 100% cotton, one has to make sure that the son has this feature called steam burst. A steam burst is so efficient that it can help you get rid of even the most stubborn and tiny wrinkles, whatsoever. A steam which offers this feature is definitely a must buy for those who wear more natural fabrics in their daily life.
5. Vertical steam
Often it is difficult to iron some clothes which are usually hung vertically on hangers. Such clothes only need steam to be ironed but one has to buy a separate iron for that. An iron which has an inbuilt feature of vertical steam can be used as a multi-tasking iron just as well.
6. Transparent water chamber
It is usually more convenient when one can see the visible level of water within the reservoir than opaque. Even though it is not as hard and fast a rule, yet it would be much better if the iron you are purchasing has a transparent water reservoir.
7. Removable water reservoir
Inbuilt water reservoir makes it difficult for anyone to fill it since the mouth of the reservoir is just too narrow. If you can get an iron with the removable reservoir, you can just as well fill it without any spillage or a fear of current.
8. Reservoir covers
As mentioned above, water spills from the reservoir in a steam iron could be dangerous since the water inside is heated up. Hence it is advisable if you look for an iron which comes with a cover and it not open mouthed.
9. An Anti-calcium system
To be able to ensure that your steam iron has a long life and promising functioning, it is best if you look for a steam iron which has anti-calcium properties. This will prevent the iron from any possible buildups within the steam vent. Clogged steam vents are one of the reasons that cause difficulty while ironing.
10. An automated shut off mechanism
As the name suggests, this feature means an inbuilt timer within the steam iron which enables it to turn off from time-to-time. This is also a good way to ensure that your iron is not heating constantly and that it will turn off on itself just in case you have to be away for a minute or two. This feature is good to ensure that you are conserving energy and that your clothes are not going to get burnt up.
11. A 360 degrees cord revolution
During earlier times the biggest challenged faced by people while ironing was the fact that the cord used to have constraints such s a limited revolution. An idea iron should always have a 360-degree revolution which makes it easy for the hand to make movements and is convenient.
Having a cordless iron is not mandatory, but if you find all the necessary features as mentioned above in a cordless iron then it is a definite win-win situation. The reason being, a cordless iron will offer you a strain free hand movement and it is good for transporting purposes.
13. A self-cleaning mechanism
Well, it is most obvious that one can simply not get inside an iron to clean it, but then it does require a time to time cleaning. In this case, most irons of the modern day come equipped with a self-cleaning mechanism which is very promising, reliable and offers 100% cleaning. It is a must have feature because of the clogging and buildups which are bound to happen from time to time.
14. A nonstick soleplate
Let’s face it; we all are at risk of burning our clothes while ironing. A nonstick soleplate is not only good for smooth, friction-free movement over the surface of a cloth; it is even good for cleaning. One can just take a wet cloth and swipe it on the soleplate, yes you read that right, and a nonstick soleplate is legit that easy to clean!
If you religiously make note of the must have features from the aforementioned list, I am sure that you will get home a highly efficient and completely worth it steam iron. To make things easier for you even further given below are top 10 Steam Irons in India.
Now make a note of the features that you are looking for and find your dream steam iron from the list below. Do not make a delay since all the steam irons are on special offer at amazon.in therefore, make the best of it!
Top 10 steam irons in India
1. Philips EasySpeed Plus GC2048 steam iron
- This is an anti-leakage steam iron; however, it is best if you keep it horizontal.
- It has a ceramic soleplate which is nonstick and is easy to clean.
- It has an auto-off which works automatically from time to time.
- This steam iron is equipped with a steam boost mechanism for a large quantity of steam.
- It can also be used to be operated as a vertical steam iron.
- It has a robust heel rest so that it can be easily kept when in use.
- It operates on 2300 wattages of power and is a great energy saver!
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 2,936
2. Singer Steam iron
- This is an olive green colored steam iron with a transparent and see-through water reservoir
- It operates on merely 1200 wattages of power
- It has an adjustable steam feature with varied steam options
- One can also control temperature in this state-of-the art steam iron
- It has a nonstick soleplate which is safe to be used on delicate fabrics and offers friction-free sliding on the surface of the clothes
- Its cord has 360 degrees of swivel revolution
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 769
3. Philips GC1905 steam iron
- This is a classic Philips steam iron which has a light blue and white colored body
- It has a transparent water reservoir which is good to keep a note on the water levels
- It offers a continuous steam output of about 13g per minute
- It has a promising aluminum soleplate which has a swift motion over delicate, natural or structured clothes
- It comes with an additional warranty of about 2 years which is a definite win-win situation
- It has an anti-leakage mechanism that offers an overall protection to the steam iron
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 1,430
4. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 steam iron
- This is a violet colored super gorgeous steam iron which is easy to use
- It has a soleplate with an extra nonstick coating for easy cleaning and safe usage
- Its water spray could be used for successful and wrinkle-free ironing
- It has a maximum steam output of 8.5g per minute
- It comes with a varied steam control feature
- This steam iron has a feature of self-cleaning which is indeed very genius
- Rating: 3 stars
- Price: 920
5. Maharaja Whiteline Pristine SI-103 steam iron
- This is a royal blue colored steam iron which has a very luxurious look to it
- It operates on the very low power consumption of just 1300 wattages
- It has a nonstick coating on its soleplate which is made of PTFE
- It has a vertical steam functioning mechanism which is best when using for delicate clothing items
- It has a 2-year warranty which covers breakages, repairs and any functioning difficulty whatsoever.
- Rating: n3 stars
- Price: 799
6. Morphy Richards Super Glide steam iron
- If you are looking for a state of the art, good looking and very efficient steam iron, this is your ultimate savior
- It has a large water reservoir with a capacity of 350 ml
- It has a variable steam control feature
- It has a capacity of releasing 11g of steam per minute
- It has self-cleansing function which is good to maintain hygiene
- It also has an anti-calcium function used to clean clogged steam pores
- This steam iron comes with a ceramic coating that promises a lifetime of longevity and with ironing experience
- It can also be used as a vertical iron
- It uses merely 2000 wattages of power consumption
- Rating: 4.5 stars
- Price: 1,978
7. Inalsa Optra steam iron
- This is a bottle green colored steam iron with a transparent water reservoir
- It works on 1200 wattages of power consumption only
- This steam iron has exciting features such as varied steam controls, temperature control, and a self-cleaning mechanism
- It comes with a water spray with steam burst option
- It has a nonstick ceramic coated soleplate
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 679
8. Black + Decker BD BXIR2001IN steam iron
- A good looking steam iron is better than any other steam irons in the world! This steam iron has to be one of the best looking irons in the world
- It has an anti-drip feature to prevent unnecessary water dripping
- Its ceramic soleplate offers friction free and swift movement over the clothes
- It gives a steam output of 25 g per minute
- It has a 380 ml of water reservoir storage
- It has an ideal functioning vertical steam mechanism which can be used for any sort of fabric
- It merely operates on 2000 wattages of power
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 2,490
9. Black + Decker BD BXIR2401IN steam iron
- Another powerful, and good-looking steam iron on this list this the Black + Decker iron
- It comes with an anti-drip feature
- It comes with a ceramic soleplate to prevent friction and is easy to clean
- It has a 90g per minute of steam boost feature
- This state-of-the-art steam iron is operated on 2400 wattages of power which is a great power saver
- It has an automatic turn off the system to conserve energy
- It also has a self-cleaning mechanism
- Rating: 4 stars
- Price: 2,999
10. Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron
- It has a capacity of giving out 160g per minute of steam boost
- Its soleplate comes with a special steam glide technology which will give you the ultimate steam ironing experience
- It has anti-calcium mechanism which is good for anti-clogging the pores of the water spray
- It uses about 2400 wattages of power
- It has an automatic turn-off mechanism for power conservation
- Rating: 4.5 stars
- Price: 4,599
Following the guide mentioned at the top, we are sure that you will choose the best steam iron for your respected purpose. Make sure to note down your requirement which will make it easy for you to make a choice and hence the best and ideal steam iron will be at your house super soon! Also, do not forget to have a budget as being in your budget fragment will make it easy on your pocket and set fine boundaries.