Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has launched IRCTC Rail Connect app for Android to book cabs and train tickets, informed by IRCTC in its official Twitter handle. IRCTC Rail Connect app also provides other facilities to the passengers. You can register on IRCTC website to use IRCTC Rail Connect app. You will have one-step PIN based login so you can easily access the app. Even if you are a new user, you can also register yourself on the app. Here’s what else you should know about this Android app.
- Users can book e-tickets by searching for trains, including tatkal tickets with this app.
- IRCTC Rail Connect app also offers premium and ladies tatkal quota ticket booking service.
- This app also keeps the details that you have added recently, along with giving an option to register from app to new users. You can also check refund status after cancelling train tickets online.
- The android application also provides options to cancel tickets and search train.
- You can also book cab through IRCTC rail connect app. Ola has tied up with IRCTC to provide faster connectivity to train travelers. It is the best option if you reach your destination in odd hours when other traveling options are not available.
- It also sends alerts to passengers about upcoming train journeys.
- IRCTC rail connect app also offers facility to change boarding point.
- You can also save money in IRCTC e-wallet through this rail connect app.
- It provides different payment options for train ticket booking, such as Airtel Money, Jio Money, Ola Money, Mobikwik, PhonePe, BHIM UPI etc.
- A user can link up to 6 banks to IRCTC e-wallet, according to IRCTC.
How to Book Tickets with IRCTC Rail Connect App?
- Enter login details on IRCTC mobile app. If you don’t have an account on IRCTC, you can have one easily.
- Go to “New Booking” option and enter your journey details, including departure station, source station, date of journey, quota (tatkal or general), etc. Click on “Search” button.
- You will see the list of trains available on the app. Choose any of the train as per your choice, such as timings, class, seat availability etc.
- Now, you need to add details of the passenger by clicking “Add passenger” option. If you are traveling with a child, you can tap on “add passenger” and “add child” if he or she is aged up to 4 years. You can click “Preference” to change your boarding point. Also add mobile number on the end of screen to get your tickets direct to your mobile number.
- After calculating fare, app will show payment option. Choose your preferred payment option to continue to check out process.
Under “My booking” section, you can check out your booked tickets and also cancel the ticket through IRCTC mobile app. Wait-list tickets will be cancelled automatically if not confirmed before chart preparation and refund amount will be debited into your bank account automatically deducting some charges from original amount paid. This app also features option to check PNR status.